Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 in Photographic Review

January
I think we announced to everyone that we were pregnant. We'd found out on Christmas 2011.
I got really sick.
James was in his second year of grad school, working toward his PhD in mathematics.

February
Like, really sick. Hyperemesis gravidarum, sick.
I had to start working very part-time.

March
Still sick. I'm still working part-time, and calling in sick fairly frequently.
We started calling the baby Pterodactyl.

April
I've given up on ever getting over the pregnancy nausea until I give birth.
I had an ultrasound, and we found out Pterodactyl is a girl.


May
Sick. Sick. Sick.
Oh, and we flew over to Pennsylvania for Peter and Katie's wedding.


June
I visited my family in Arizona. We surprised my mother with my visit.
Still sick a lot.

July
Sick. Hardly working.
A few people threw a baby shower for me and Nikky Randall, whose due date was the day after mine.

August
Sick. Quit my job.
My water broke in the middle of night on the 19th, but I did not go into labor.
We went to the hospital, and labor was induced.


And Amelia Rose Dilts was born on the 20th around 6pm.
She weighed exactly 7 pounds and was exactly 20 inches long.


She was jaundiced for a while.
Also very sleepy.



September
But things got better.


Until the jaundice and excessive sleepiness stopped.
Then she become a mightily fussy child, all the time.


My parents came to visit for Amelia's blessing on the 30th.
This was nice.


October
The fussiness continues, although there were less fussy times.
The doctor told us it was colic.
And so when Amelia had a less-fussy phase, we thought the storm was over.
This turned out not to be the case.
But we love her anyway.


November
This was a fairly good month.
Amelia got pretty chubby.


And sometimes she smiled.


We went and visited Danny and Steffanie's family for Thanksgiving.


December

Amelia continued to gain weight and was 18 pounds by the end of December.
We visited the Corbitts in Washington for Christmas.


2013 will be a surprise.
We hope it is the good kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment