Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Back to Springfield

Sooooo... I'm in Springfield. It's cold, dark, and wet here, so I am less than excited about it.
I do, however, do like my apartment. It has a nice layout and doesn't feel cramped or claustrophobic. I am super excited to decorate it. Here are a couple decorations I am particularly proud of.

This one was a dollar store wall sticker and I had the brilliant idea to put it on the mirror.


This one... well, I don't actually have any cherished memories associated with masks. Yet. Maybe I'll have James take me to a masquerade ball later this decade.


We've been planning to install wall-mounted bookshelves for all our books, since bookcases have been disastrous with Amelia. And since we're only at the beginning of our baby-making careers, we thought it'd be an excellent idea to have our books living high up out of reach for the next decade or so. Baby-proof shelving would be just awesome.

Only we have a ton of books. All these boxes are full of books.


We'd need about 50-60 feet of shelving. And adding up the lumber, heavy-duty wall brackets, and screws... that's like $400 right there. And if I did it the way I really wanted to and got a couple decorative wall brackets (for all eight shelves) to use as bookends, that's another $100. We got quite a lot of Christmas money, but do we really want to spend it ALL on shelves? Yuck.

We'll see.

Love and books,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment