Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

19W2D

I've been trying to sleep for about an hour and a half, but, as evidenced by my writing a blog post at this hour, I've been unsuccessful. Sad day. I'm not even worrying about anything. To be honest, I can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about how cool sperm is. Ha. I guess working at a fertility center has strange side effects. On the off chance that anyone else finds sperm fascinating, you are totally welcome to engage in deep conversation about it with me. Ha.

Only really interesting news is that I'm getting an ultrasound on Monday the 16th. There should be some cool pictures, especially since I can tell you it will be on the best (highest resolution) ultrasound machine in the Eugene area.

I haven't felt the baby kick yet. Or maybe I have. I'm not sure. To be honest, my heartbeat is too dang loud and powerful. Anytime I think down to where my uterus is, and try to notice anything moving or fluttering, all I feel is... my pulse. Lame. And it's hard to feel for anything in between the beats, because my heart rate is so high. My heart has been puttering along at 100-120 bpm allllll the time. It does get down to 95 bpm when I'm asleep, but still. (Don't worry, it's not unusual for your heart rate to increase during pregnancy... it's apparently secondary to increased blood volume, which is also normal in pregnancy. Who knew? Plus, my heart rate has never been impressively low, either. 80 or so bpm is my normal, in case you're curious.)

Uhhh... what else? Oh. I'm not vomiting anymore, but I still feel like throwing up most of the time. Lest you feel bad for me, I'm actually super excited about that, because it's a million billion times better than it was when I was, say, dying of dehydration. It's like it's not even fair to call this nausea anymore, it's so much better. Plus, Zofran is actually super helpful nowadays, whereas it was almost useless before. It's like I'm playing with a completely different monster here!

So yeah. Nausea, whatever. My only complaint is that the pharmacy only gave me FOUR Zofrans today despite directions to dispense 30... which is enough for like... one day. BUMMER. I guess I'll just have to go back and demand me some more Zofran... either that, or request they follow me around with a throw-up bag. Yeah, that'll work.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna,
    Caleb and I love reading your pregnancy posts. You are so funny. It makes us miss you more. And I appreciate it especially because someone else feels as crappy as I did at that stage in pregnancy (I'm 34 weeks now). Not that I want you to feel crappy (I'm really glad you're not actually hurling anymore) but there is empathy. You have to give us your address. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete