Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

26W6D

I only got to work for two days this week. It was a little disappointing. But anyway, my hours have been officially reduced. I now only work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, starting at 9am instead of 7am. Our poor checking account finds this abominable. I think that (besides the lost income) this is a good change; it just doesn't feel good. It makes me feel like I've somehow given up even though that isn't actually true.

This last month I haven't gained any weight. At my checkup yesterday though, they weren't worried (yet) because my uterus is actually still growing and Pterodactyl is wiggly and has a good heartbeat. I'm surprising myself my how anxious this is making me. While I am reassured that Pterodactyl is perfectly healthy, I am NOT reassured that I am perfectly healthy. I am not well and I haven't been able to keep down my thyroid or antidepressant medication for several days. My entire digestive system seems to be on strike. I think I am getting smaller even though Pterodactyl is getting bigger.

I vaguely recall having eaten SOMETHING yesterday, but it really wasn't enough. I ate some... er. I don't remember. I think it was an assortment of small items throughout the day, many of which made me sick to my stomach.

My little sister Rebecca is living with us now! Beeker is even sitting next to me right now. It's been exciting. Beeker, like me, has been struggling with anxiety, so it's interesting to see someone else get nervous about riding the bus and finding/filling out job applications.

I think we are going to Toys'R'Us / Babies'R'Us today to start building a registry. I would have done it online, but I have a coupon that says we get a $10 gift card if we do it in the store instead of on the Internets. And since we are poor enough that a $10 gift card sounds sweet... to the actual location it is! I'm sure we'll find some exciting toy for James and I Pterodactyl. Yeah. That's the plan, it is.

I got a maternity pillow yesterday! It is comfy. I think it was worth it. It is ginormicous.

On a reminiscent note, when James and I were in Pennsylvania, his best friend John gave us all the bajillion million photos he took of our wedding day. None of the photos were edited, but there were lots. Our impression of the photos is that he never, ever took his finger off the take-picture-button. (Does that have an official name?) So I'm tempted to post all five hundred bajillion of them even though there are already plenty of similar pictures, because if you click through them fast enough, it's almost like watching a video of the entire day. He also got a video of our "first" dance, as you can see below.


My friend Ryan also sent us a folder of (substantially fewer) photos from that day as well as a video of the bouquet toss. I suppose I could also post that one, but I think the most important information I gathered from that one included 1) Miriam (James' little sister) was simply destined to have that bouquet... no matter how I threw it, it ended up at her feet or in her hands, and 2) Rachelle distinctly says, "No, I'm already married!" in an attempt to get out of trying to catch the bouquet... Dear Rachelle, why have you been holding out on me? We and our husbands could have been have been having so many married people adventures!

Ta-ta for now,
Jenna and Pterodactyl and ex-breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment