Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

24W1D

Yikes! Last week's post with the belly bump picture was my most popular blog post ever in the history of Jenna blog(s). I'm definitely not creeping up to the ranks of big time bloggers who are so awesome that thousands and thousands of people check my blog every day, but I still thought it was cool that my last post was viewed over 100 times the day after I published it. (This is not counting my own views, of course.) Apparently, posting my beautiful face all over the internet is the way to go... I feel... somewhat loved, or at least paid attention to.

So today is another day where I don't look very "big". I feel kinda big though. Those of you who have carried a pregnancy to term are probably laughing, thinking, "Oh man, Jenna, you ain't seen BIG yet!". But bear with me and my fascination, my body is doing strange things... normal for pregnancy, but still. Straaaange things. It takes some getting used to.

I've been throwing up a lot (still). Right now I am not super nauseated and am taking advantage of this opportunity to work and to eat a sammich. (Food, glorious food!) I am still hungry all the time but also scared to eat all the time. Yesterday, I did not keep down a single meal. ...

Wait. In retrospect, I fell asleep after eating a scoop of ice cream. I think that stuck. (Success!!! Kind of. It would have better if it was ANY of the other healthier foods I ate.) Maybe if I eat more ice cream I'll finally start making those pregnancy fat stores I keep hearing I'm supposed to get. I haven't gained any weight in the last 2-3 weeks, but I haven't lost any either.

I don't feel ginormous in my belly, but I think that's largely because my belly is not my fastest growing body part. (Prim and proper readers, please skip to the next paragraph.) I mentioned before that my boobs are getting bigger and how that is kind of scary, and not super desirable. Well... They continue to grow and they are blocking my own view of the belly. I'm not seeing my belly change shape yet because the ladies are in the way. It's like they don't quite understand that I am more excited about the growing kid than I am excited about them. My belly had better start growing faster than the ladies or else I'm definitely going to need a crane to help me stand up.

Pterodactyl is still growing... She is supposedly one foot long, and shouldn't be that chubby yet, but still. I look down at belly and wonder--so, um, where is that foot-long baby supposed to fit? I do believe she is actually about that size because the range in which I feel her kicking is roughly one cubic foot located right in my middle. I guess instead of growing, I am mostly compactifying "unnecessary" things, like say, my bladder and my stomach and my lungs...

That's probably it. I think my stomach is tiny because I am most successful in keeping food down if I only eat one bite every five minutes or so. Otherwise I explode. Also, when I do explode, I have developed the unfortunate habit of peeing myself, which suggests SOMETHING is sitting on my bladder... as if vomiting wasn't unpleasant enough already! If I get to the bathroom in time, I now have a pre-vomit ritual... Remove glasses, remove pants. This obviously isn't done in public restrooms. Post-vomit ritual... mop up the floor. I feel like I'm trying to toilet train a dog or something, only it's me making the surprise pee puddles. Maybe I should invest in some Depends. Or lay down newspaper in the bathroom.

I can also tell that my uterus is getting ginormouser because I can actually feel it when I poke myself. Sometimes it is squishy, but I think sometimes it is also practicing for labor and doing those Braxton-Hicks contraction thingies. Miss Uterus has supposedly been practicing for months now, but I hadn't noticed until recently. I think this is the closest I've ever been to rock-hard abs...

Anyway, ta-ta for now,
Jenna and Pterodactyl

1 comment:

  1. Jenna, I just really really love you. It's fascinating to read such candid descriptions of pregnancy, and it makes me happy to know what's going on in your life, even if I do know more about your pee than most of my friends'... <3

    ReplyDelete