Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

25W4D; 23rd Birthday; Day of Long Travel

Woooo. Travelling is SO much more fun when you're pregnant and super sick, let me tell you. I was optimistic that today actually wouldn't be so bad because I was actually somewhat functional yesterday! Not super duper functional, but functional enough that I was able to go to work for six whole hours(!) and train my replacement instead of abandoning her to try and learn everything on her own. (That has been happening too frequently for my taste.)

Yesterday was also my one-year anniversary working at Women's Care, so they got me a gorgeous orangey-pink rose. I also got a couple thank you cards, which was I was especially grateful for, since my anxiety likes to tell me EVERYBODY THINKS YOU'RE LAME BECAUSE YOU STAY HOME SICK ALL THE TIIIMMMEEE. This is, of course, not true, but it is still nice to have written evidence to the contrary. And I think the truth is, most people underestimate how sick I actually am except for James, other friends and family members, and my coworkers. I get more YEESH SUCK IT UP WIMP vibes from other medical peeps and acquaintances, but I suppose that if they spent more time with me, they'd get it.

I was also super productive and picked up more medicine, snacks, and face wipeys for today's trip. And I got a kennel and name tag for a kitty. And got another apartment key for Becca to have as a new resident. And did laundry and packed. I was going to clean lots, but that was a little too much for me. I was just super proud that by the time we left this morning, there wasn't really much laundry and there weren't dishes or garbage around to stink up my apartment. That's the important stuffs, right?

Man, I'm SO glad I bought a big tub of moist wipes... I think that's my number one recommendation for any sickies travelling around. I had an explosive vomiting incident on the airport shuttle. Vomit all over my face, glasses, hands... and dribbling down my shirt to my toes. I smell great!

Anyway, we are boarding our next flight to Harrisburg, PA.

Ta-ta for now,
Jenna, Pterodactyl, and our turkey-timer belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment