Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Like Free Furniture

I like getting free stuff, particularly when buying this stuff would have cost us lots of moneys. I plucked up the courage to ask the Relief Society president if she knew of anyone in the ward who had any furniture they didn't want. And guess what? Success! Sister Barnhurst is getting a new loveseat and is letting us have her old one. And Sister Mitchell's neighbor is giving us a couch with the hidden bed inside. I'm going to put the loveseat in our living room downstairs and the sleeper couch in the other bedroom upstairs. Which means we'll actually have a place for someone to sleep if they came over. And a place to sit. w00t!

I officially have Mondays off and will be working from 6:30am to 5:30pm Tuesdays through Fridays. Three-day weekend every week! Yay! Today I stayed home and read my book and learned physics and slept. :)

I now have pictures of that cat as some of you were requesting. It was super hard to get any good pictures of him though, because HE WOULD NOT SIT STILL. Yup... he's a Turkish Angora through and through.


Tonight I got really sad about not having the money to go out to eat very often. I really, really like all kinds of food. I keep imagining a ginormous juicy burger with sautéed onions and mushrooms and with tomatoes and my favorite kind of cheese. I also keep imagining a white sauce pizza with garlic, tomatoes, and spinach. Chewy, scrumptious, white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies. Honey walnut shrimp. Cinnabon. REAL Mexican food. And sometimes soft-serve. Cherry lime cream slush.

I do know that we can make many of these things, but let's be honest... it would cost just as much, if not more, simply because they usually don't sell small servings of many ingredients. And James doesn't particularly like some of these things, so he would rather not buy things like shrimp or mushrooms. Ga'augh.

Anyway, we ARE currently baking some tasty battered fries which are comparable to (but quite as good as) Popeye's fries. I feel though, that these are kind of like nicotine patches for a smoking addict.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was somewhere near you so I could take you out for a big, juicy burger with sauteed onions and mushrooms and delicious cheese <3 (Actually, I wish I could just be somewhere near you to SEE YOUR LOVELY FACE!)

    ReplyDelete