Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Like Beautiful Biceps

In particular, I like James' beautiful biceps. Now that the semester has started up again, he gets to start rock climbing again, and he will get fantabulously muscley. :) I'm excited.

I am also excited to start dancing on Fridays again. Unfortunately, for the two of us to attend the ballroom dance club at UO, it will cost $10. Ugh. We would probably go more often if it was free, but alas, it is not. I am kind of sad that ballroom isn't as popular here as it is in Utah. Drat. It seems we'll never get enough practice to get as talented as these two:



On an unrelated note, I was super excited for a while last night because I thought I had finally come up with something to help my chronic fatigue. I realized that if I have a caffeinated soda in the mornings I actually perk up... and by perk up, I mean I feel normal rather than hyper. And I work better and faster when I do that. So I started fantasizing about taking a caffeine pill every morning with my thyroid medication and suddenly being cured. It was a glorious fantasy... I only slept eight hours each night, and that was enough. I didn't run out to my car during my lunch break for a nap. And when I was a awake, I was alert and able to concentrate. Oh, how glorious were these fantasies!

Unfortunately, James pointed out to me that if I took a caffeine pill every day, the effects would eventually wear off and I would actually be more fatigued than when I started. And then I was sad. Fantasies of normalcy wasted away. Oh well.



On the plus side, I have a doctor's appointment next Monday and I'm excited to discuss other options for not being so tired. I feel like I've ruled out a lot of things... I'm not vitamin D deficient or anemic. And even when I'm getting enough thyroid hormone, I'm still tired. And the list goes on! I am hopeful that there is something that will help me get energized... somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment