Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Like Moving My Legs

Today is a beautiful day, partly because yesterday was not a beautiful day. Yesterday, my back hurt so badly that I couldn't move or sit or walk or anything. This probably isn't THAT surprising, knowing that I fell down eight stairs last week. I got myself home and laid on the bed for a while... Today, it's gone, thank goodness.

Today I woke up, and magically, I could run, I could jump, I could even sit up! I went to physical therapy today, and did all sorts of rigorous exercises (rigorous for me, anyway). The physical therapist said she isn't worried about it, so I'm pretty excited. And anyway, I'm almost grateful for my brief immobility, because now I take a special joy in sitting up and lying down and stretching without pain.



I totally have free lunch today.

James is hot.

I am hot.

My psychiatry appointment got moved up to early November instead of early December. Woo! Apparently, the doctor read my paperwork and decided I should come see her sooner. So if you're worried about my mental health, you have a whole month less to worry about me! :)

In fact, I've heard a lot of people are worried about me. I've also heard some surprise about how open I am with what's going on -- and THAT surprised me! I'm pretty sure you'd have to be more worried if I wasn't open about it, because that would mean I was closed to support and loves... and really, almost all the things that make everything bearable. Although I was once tempted to think that openly discussing my struggles was weak and pathetic, I've come to realize that I'd be a lot weaker if I didn't. I don't necessarily want people to bathe me in their sympathetic tears, but knowing I'm not the only mortal being who has any idea about what I'm going through buoys me up and helps me cling to a small piece of sanity.

ANYWAY.

I am also sometimes surprised to hear about people who I've never imagined using the Internet reading my blog. Who knew I was so popular?

No comments:

Post a Comment