Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Like Dancing

On Friday night we went dancing for the first time since May or so. It was glorious! I could definitely tell that physical therapy helped strengthen my core muscles. Finally, I understand what they were talking about when they said that would help. Woohoo! On the other hand, I'm now supposed to put a lift in my left shoe so that I'm not off balance.

Before when I'd go dancing, one side of my body started to hurt. The lift stopped that. On the other hand, you have to remember that I learned all these moves while completely unbalanced. So this new balance thing? Whoa. I kept falling out of my spins. Lol.

I finished Anna Karenina the other day. At the end of it, Anna was definitely paranoid schizophrenia. Anyway, it was great! It included: marriage, love affair, birth, death of old age, attempted suicide, successful suicide, the ranting of a schizophrenic, and more! Gotta love Russian novels. I recommend it if you don't mind taking a month to read an 800 page book.

I also read Animal Farm in its entirety yesterday. So sad! I definitely didn't like that Boxer, Napoleon's biggest fan and hardest worker, got sent away to be turned into glue. It makes me wonder if seemingly admirable maxims like "I must work harder" are all that great. Working hard is fine and dandy, I suppose... but be careful in taking anything to extremes!


James is begging for the computer right now, because he wants to do a math problem for fun. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment